Thursday, November 25, 2010


The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants


Carmen got the jeans at a thrift shop. They didn't look all that great; they were worn, dirty, and speckled with bleach. On the night before she and her friends part for the summer, Carmen decides to toss them. But Tibby says they're great. She'd love to have them. Lena and Bridget also think they're fabulous. Lena decides they should all try them on. Whoever they fit best will get them. Nobody knows why, but the pants fit everyone perfectly. Even Carmen (who never thinks she looks good in anything), thinks she looks good in the pants. Over a few bags of cheese puffs they decide to form a sisterhood, and take the vow of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants . . . the next morning, they say good-bye. And now the journey of the pants -- and the most memorable summer of their lives -- begins



My Thoughts:

Okay, so I must admit that I don't read friendship books much, but this book I must say is pretty good. Also I know this book is like early 2000's old :), but obviously, I was one of those people who decided to watch the movie instead of read the book. I love the characters, especially Bee with her always on the go attitude, letting nothing stand in her way to what she wants and Tibby's pessimistic attitude, always thinking the world and everyone in it is bad and how happiness doesn't exist, I guess basically she's another me :p.
When it comes to how real everything in the book is it's pretty realistic when involving teenagers, emotions, family issues, just almost everything really. It kind of made me forget the writer is an adult instead of a teenager.
The whole time while I was reading I was like oh, one of my friends is this character and so on and on. At first it was kind of slow paced to me like almost every book out there, but it picks up the pace once it leaves Carmen's point of view. If you want a book that's full of friendship, family issues and love, finding yourself, and a magical set of pants then this book is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment